- James Rutherford and his business partners bought the firm for 23,000 pounds in 1861.
- Cobb & Co operations commenced in 1862 in Bathurst which was then the largest settlement over the mountains with a population of over 4,000 people.
- Cobb & Co carried mail, gold and passengers to the surrounding villages of the Bathurst region.
- In1870 Cobb & Co coaches travelled around 28,000 miles (44,800 kilometres) each week and the company was harnessing 6,000 of their 30,000 horses every day.
- The Cobb & Co coach housed at the Bathurst Visitor Information Centre is only one of 3 coaches in Australia.
- This coach was restored to its original condition over a period of 18 months in 1994-1995.
- One of the main features of this coach is the addition of the back roof seat which was attached after the initial construction allowing the coach to carry 14 people.